Southern Flair

Southern Flair
Always Look and Feel Fabulous!

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

If You're Gonna Do Something, Do It Big!

One thing about a Southern Belle--we take everything we do to a whole new level! If we decide to do something, we do it BIG! Take for instance my post-workout meal this afternoon. Normally after I workout I eat a light meal, usually a salad, and I feel satisfied. But today I was hungry--ribs touching my backbone kind of hungry--and I knew a salad wasn't gonna cut it. So I grilled a thick, juicy burger (charcoal grill, which is the ONLY way to go!). Well, I didn't want that delicious burger to stand by itself, so I cooked up some golden fries to go along with it. When I tell you it was scrumptious...Lord have mercy, it was good!

Moral of the story...If you're going to splurge, go all out. After I grilled my thick, juicy burger a little voice said, "Make a small side salad to go with it, that way you can reduce your caloric intake and not ruin your entire workout." But then a bigger voice said, "Excuse me, but that burger needs fries, and you need to enjoy it!" If I ate burgers and fries every day I would've listened to that little voice, but I don't, so I didn't.

Life is too short to deprive yourself of what you want. Moderation and balance is key to most everything. But it also pays to splurge every now and then. Live big, think big, dream big, and enjoy the beautiful blessing we call life...with a thick juicy burger and fries to wash it down!

                                           Do it big and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I happen to agree, do everything in balance. BTW you are burning up that red carpet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and thank you for the compliment! The pic was taken at the National Book Club Conference (NBCC). I enjoyed the NBCC and I hope to see you there next year.

    ReplyDelete