Southern Flair

Southern Flair
Always Look and Feel Fabulous!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Veggie Sandwich: Quick, Healthy, and Delicious


Quick and Easy Veggie Sandwich on Honey Wheat Bread


With summer just around the corner I'm looking for quick, easy, healthy, and delicious food that will fill me up but won't weigh me down. I made this delicious sandwich and it hit the spot. It's super easy to make and packs lots of flavor. I sauteed enough mushrooms, peppers, and onions to make several sandwiches, so I can enjoy this dish more than once. It's great for a quick lunch or a post workout meal. The recipe is below.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 medium onion sliced
  • 1 small green pepper thinly sliced
  • 1 carton mushrooms (or 1 can. Drain liquid)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
  • 1 tsp. McCormick Italian Seasoning  (or to taste)
  • 50/50 Organic Spring Mix (or whatever type of green salad/lettuce you prefer)
  • Sliced tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes because that's all I had in the frig at the time)
  • Bread (Sub/deli bread is good but has more calories. I used honey wheat)
Prepare:
Heat oil on medium in a skillet and prepare on side of bread with salad mix/lettuce and tomatoes. Once oil is heated, add onions, peppers, and mushrooms. Saute 5-7 minutes, add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Remove from heat and spread veggie mixture onto other side of bread (garnish with cheese if you like). Voila! An easy and delicious sandwich.

Happy Eating and remember to be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment