Southern Flair

Southern Flair
Always Look and Feel Fabulous!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Late Night Reading and Writing






Right now as I'm writing this post most of you are in bed getting a good night's sleep in preparation for the next day. You will rise early, get dressed, and rush out the door to work. That used to be my routine, too. But ever since 2006, when I quit my full-time job to pursue a writing career, my days have been long and my nights even longer.

I'm currently under deadline for my 8th novel, working feverishly to complete it. In the meantime, the page proofs for my 7th novel, Secret Indiscretions (July 28, 2015) arrived on my doorstep with a deadline of its own. So while I'm writing one book I'm proofing another. The page proof stage is important because its the last edit before publication, and I have to devote the proper time to it. Thankfully, I've finsihed my first "read through" and now I'll re-read it again in between my writing. It's also time for me to start promoting and marketing my book in order to get the word out and have a successful release. As you can imagine, it's a lot of work.

It's not unusual for me to work until 3:00 a.m., sleep until 7:30 a.m., and then work until 3 or 4 the next morning. This is my routine. Sometimes my heavy workload is tiring and frustrating, but it's also a blessing. I've been given a great gift-- I'm able to do what I love! There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for it. Talk about a fabulous life!

I'm getting ready to jump back into my manusript and tangle with the colorful characters dancing around in my head!

Until next time, be fabulous!

Blessings,
Trice


No comments:

Post a Comment