Southern Flair

Southern Flair
Always Look and Feel Fabulous!

Friday, March 6, 2015

How Books Opened Up My World

Like many authors, my love of writing began with my love of reading. I've always been intrigued by the written word and the power it holds.

I grew up in a small Southern town in Eastern, North Carolina. There wasn't a lot to do and the cultural offerings (outside of my town's coastal charm) were slim to none. Books became my escape, and started my love affair with literature. Even at a young age I dreamed big dreams. I wanted to meet all kinds of people from different walks of life. I wanted to travel and visit exciting places. I wanted to sample different kinds of foods and customs. Essentially, I wanted to explore life, and I quickly discovered that books could help me do that. I would sit in my bedroom and travel, experience new adventures, solve problems, and meet new people--all without stepping out my front door. Books opened up my world.

Today I still love reading, and I'm blessed to be able to write books for a living. How awesome is that?! There's not a day that goes by that I don't give thanks for this blessing. I'm humbled by it, and thankful to God. In the coming weeks I'll be showcasing other authors on this blog who are also living their dreams, and who will share how they are doing it. In the process I hope their stories will inspire you to go after your dreams, too!

Until later, be fabulous!

Blessings,
Trice Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment