Southern Flair

Southern Flair
Always Look and Feel Fabulous!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Style on A Budget

I absolutely love shopping, and when I say I love it, I really mean it! I can shop from sun up till sun down and not get tired. I love shopping for clothes, shoes, make-up, housewares, cooking supplies, hair supplies, office supplies, groceries, you name it, I'm down for it! I'm the kind of shopper who doesn't have to have money to shop. That's right, I can window shop all day and enjoy myself. However, I do like to make purchases, and it thrills me to no end when I buy something at a great price.

But let's face it, shopping can add up, and for someone like me it can be costly because my taste leans toward high-end. I love quality and anything that sparkles catches my eye. However, this Southern Belle is also practical, and I know how to stretch a dollar until it screams. Even though I'm on a tight budget I refuse to forsake style or my beloved quality for price. If you're crafty and patient you can turn anything into a treasure.

These framed fashion pictures only cost me $4.35 each! They look super cute in my home office. Here's how I did it.
  • Matted frame from Michael's = 50% off plus an additional 20% coupon brought the price down to $4.
  • Fashion print = Free copied off the Net (can't remember which site, but Google "fashion prints")
  • Copies of prints = $.35 ea. at UPS Store for color copy on good quality stock paper
  • Silver paint = Free, I had leftover paint from a previous project and painted the frame and core of the matte.


Enjoy life and be fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment